The goal of utsav was to educate the non-Indian and Indian communities of the rich heritage, culture, and traditions of India. We want to portray India’s cultural diversity through music, dance, attire and cuisine while still sending a message of unity through diversity.
*** Pre-book Your Own Booth At Our Utsav Event ***
Hello & Welcome
India Association Of Greater Tulsa
The India Association of Greater Tulsa (“Association”) is established to promote strong and close communication, solidarity, unity and understanding, among people of Indian origin, of all ages, living in the Greater Tulsa area, and to instill a better understanding of Indian culture in the local communities. The Association will work to advance the cause of people of Indian origin with appropriate interactions with individuals and organizations. The Association is a non-profit organization and its operation shall meet regulatory requirements applicable to such organizations. The Association is a secular organization. Any person with roots in India and/or interest in Indian culture is eligible to become a member and participate in Association activities.
SPECIAL THANKS TO VIK PATEL, CLARION HOTEL (61ST & ASPEN) FOR PROVIDING SPACE FOR ORGANIZING DRESSES AND OTHER OUTFITS FOR INDIAFEST/UTSAV EVENTS
We promote communication and unity among people of Indian origin as well as those who have an interest in India.
Here are all IAGT yearly scheduled events.
Holi – 2018
Holi is an ancient Hindu religious festival which has become popular with non-Hindus in many parts of South Asia, as well as people of other communities outside Asia. In recent years the festival has spread to parts of Europe and North America as a spring celebration of love, frolic, and colors.
We are bringing a renowned Navratri Group Kanodia Beats Orchestra. We are looking forward to having all our members enjoy themselves and support IAGT
Create a visible presence and voice for the Indian-American community in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Examples of activities under this platform include:
- • Liaise with the state representatives and cites/town leadership on Indian American initiatives for increase local awareness.
- • Collaborate with other organizations to create a cohesive approach for Indian-American presence to address issues as they arise
Develop a centralized point to receive/address inquiries requiring active mobilization of the Indian-American community
Activate the organization’s strength and resources to serve the needy in our adopted land of USA and our motherland, India. Examples of activities under this platform include:
- • Organize visible activities (health screenings, walks, fundraisers) to support specific initiatives.
- • Mobilize the strength of our community as a single presence across multiple cultural organizations).
- • Organize a bi-annual active community service day for Indian-Americans from various organization.
Garner opportunities for our young adults and next generation children to get involved in various activities. Examples of activities under this platform include:
Engage experience from Indian-American academic community to hold college workshops
- • Create programs for students through TRSA, Ideathon,TEDex type workshop activities etc.
- • Organize multiple mini-competitions (chess, debates, quizzes, painting, arts, etc.)
- • Little Store’ type activities for kids to support fundraising for their charity of choice
- • Sponsor ‘all-round excellence’ scholarship programs
Nurture a sustainable platform to unite our seniors to share knowledge and experiences. Examples of activities under this platform include:
- • Create a senior’s forum to allow a social interaction opportunity for retired members and visiting parents from our community
- • Organize seminar for discussions on various topics, including Finance, Holistic Health, Culture, Society
- • Collaborate with local organizations to organize free health workshops
Organize various cultural programs to keep our Indian American community connected with the culture of our motherland, India. Examples of activities under this platform include:
- • Republic Day Celebrations
- • Holi Picnic.
- • India FEST UTSAV.
- • Diwali-Color of Light.
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
परित्राणाय, साधूनाम्, विनाशाय, च, दुष्कृृताम्, धर्मसंस्थापनार्थाय, सम्भवामि, युगे, युगे।।
भगवत गीता: अध्याय चार पद 8
If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.
A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
पृथिव्यां त्रीणि रत्नानि अन्नमापः सुभाषितम्। मूढैः पाषाणखण्डेषु रत्नसंज्ञा विधीयते।।
Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark.